Due to inflammatory properties, the health benefit of Turmeric is vast. Some companies offer Turmeric in the form of Capsules. There are active compounds on Turmeric called Curcuminoids, the most important of which is Curcumin. It has a powerful anti-inflammatory effect & is a very strong antioxidant.
Benefits of Turmeric or Curcumin (Backed by Science)
- Natural Anti-Inflammatory providing specific relief for those with Arthritis, rheumatism and may even be beneficial for reducing amyloid plaque build-up associated with Alzheimer's disease.
- Turmeric supports Liver Detox. One of the top health benefits of turmeric root is actually a liver cleanser and blood tonic. It is an excellent herb to use with other liver cleansing herbs milk thistle, dandelion root and schizandra berry. Studies have demonstrated that the curcumin substance might be valuable for expanding the detoxifying cell reinforcement glutathione, which is orchestrated in the liver.
- Powerful Antioxidant - Anti-cancer property curcumin successfully prevents cancer, as it is a strong antioxidant and antioxidants protect cells from damage.
- Heart health benefits, studies indicate that curcumin can effectively lower LDL or the "bad" cholesterol while increasing HDL, high-density lipoproteins, reducing risk of atherosclerosis or the buildup of plaque in the arteries.
- Curcumin has proven arthritis benefits - Arthritis is a common problem where inflammation begins to cause problems for the muscles and joints around the body. It was traditionally used in ancient Chinese and Indian Ayurvedic medicine to treat Arthritis.
- Turmeric can help prevent alleviate depression - Scientists have found that people with depression have greater inflammation & oxidative stress in their system, which can affect all the major organ of the body, including the brain. In addition, chronic inflammation can lead to a decrease in the level of serotonin in the brain.
- Curcumin is good for the brain - According to research, the daily intake of a single gram of turmeric can lead to short-term memory improvement in people predisposed to memory loss.
- Prediabetes - Turmeric has the ability to control and even reverse the Type 2 diabetes. Curcumin can reduce blood sugar level.
- Anti-ageing support - Curcumin successfully destroys free radicals and prevent inflammation, and thus decelerates the ageing process.
Furthermore, it's also good for Eyes and Skin. Beta-Carotene is an additional antioxidant nutrient found in most all yellow-orange coloured food and turmeric has an abundance of it. Beta-carotene rich foods support healthy eyes and are suggested as a preventative for those prone to cataracts and macular degeneration. Turmeric can also be used as a supplement to eliminate a variety of skin conditions eczema, acne and psoriasis.
Undoubtedly, Turmeric has a great range of benefits for the overall body & it's one of the top nutrients in the world.