Although it's believed that the Low Carb Diet could improve the lives of people suffering from Obesity & Diabetes. But on the other hand, Low Carb Diet has some side effect too. While low-calorie diets are very popular, it's also easy to make mistakes on them.
There are many stumbling blocks that can lead to adverse effects and suboptimal results. The most dangerous side effects of Low-Carb diet are :
- Frequent Urination - The extra glycogen present in the liver and muscles are broken down releasing more water. This water is excreted by the kidneys. Additionally, the dropping of the insulin circulation, the kidneys also begin excreting the sodium in the body which further increases your trip to the bathroom.
- Hypoglycemia - If you've been eating a low carb diet, your body is habituated to release a certain amount of insulin to break down the sugar you previously consumed. Lowering your carbs takes some time for the body to adjust to. During this period you will face some episodes of low blood sugar.
- Headaches - While your body is adapting to ketosis, headaches can manifest for various reasons. You may also feel a little lightheaded and may experience some flu-like symptoms for a few days. To ensure that you are not losing sodium, add 1tbsp of salt in your drinking water.
- Constipation - You become constipated when your body is in ketosis because of fibrous foods such as whole grains, beans and legumes all contain carbohydrates. Fibre is the most important component which makes you feel full for longer and ensures smooth bowel movement.
- Sugar Craving - You will feel the intense desire of consuming the sweet product as you have completely cut them out of your diet. Stick to your resolution to get over this problem as it shall abide eventually.
- Muscle cramps - Low diet triggers muscle cramps in the initial stages of diet adjustments as the loss of magnesium in the new diet plans effects the functioning of the body.
- Sleep Disorder - On a low carb diet many individuals undergo low insulin and Serotonin conditions which causes sleep disorder. Eat a snack which contains both protein and some carbohydrate right before bed. The carbohydrate will increase insulin, which will allow more tryptophan from the protein to get into the brain.
- Kidney stones - Those who take a Ketogenic diet will face side effect .They base this on the report of higher rates of calcium-based Kidney stones reported by physicians who administer Ketogenic diets for children with epilepsy.
- Hair loss - Some people report that they experience accelerated hair loss when on a low carb diet. This process is called "telogen effluvium", medical lingo for hair loss due to a change in metabolism or hormone levels.
Hence, before going on Low Carb diet think of their side effects.